Is your SAP system ready for GST –
MANDATORY SYSTEM PRE-REQUISITES
Tax Procedure should be on TAXINN
Any business system that is presently on the old and obsolete tax system “TAXINJ” is recommended to upgrade this to TAXINN to ensure a seamless transition to GST once it is rolled out officially.
GST Impact on SAP Landscape Summary
Below are the processes / areas in SAP Landscape which are impacted by GST
• SAP Materials Management (Procure to Pay)
• SAP Sales & Distribution (Order to Cash)
• SAP Financial Accounting
• SAP Forms & Master Data
• SAP Human Capital Management
SAP’s Solution Approach for GST
Globalization Services, the localization wing of SAP SE, is evaluating in detail the impact of GST on business processes. SAP is anticipated to be ready with a GST patch that can be deployed in the current systems to enable transitions of businesses of businesses to GST. The development of the GST patch is under process and the same will be released once the Indian GST law is published.
GST Implementation Services
SAP’s GST patch will not fully address all GST compliance requirements in the current system and would need GST implementation and migration services from SAP partners.
Application of GST patch is just one aspect of an elaborate and intricate procedure to become a GST- Ready organization. Therefore, services of a recognized SAP partner would be required for successful GST implementation/migration. The GST implementation process includes:
• Deployment of SAP’s GST patch
• Modifications to the chart of accounts and account determination
• Reassessment of stock and available tax credits conforming to the GST law
• Restructuring of tax and pricing configurations conforming to the GST requirements
• Interface with GSTN (GST Network) for filing returns
• Changes to custom developments, reports, interfaces and forms
• Changes to the master data, primarily vendors, materials, pricing and customers
• Fine tuning of business processes including indirect taxes
Roadmap & Methodology
Impact Analysis and Post GST Business Process
It is advisable that you perform a detailed GST impact analysis and share with us the changes that you require for your business processes from SAP perspective. Business scenario must include determining the existing business scenario to be impacted by GST and identifying any relevant business scenarios not mapped in SAP.
Start with preparing different scenarios for the application of GST. Continually track policy development regarding GST and update prepared scenarios accordingly. Identify issues and concerns needing representation to the authorities and develop a strategy for effective management of these as well. Prepare a business and IT transition roadmap and align relevant teams besides preparing IT system to build and test process scenarios. Our experts will utilize this as “Requirement Document” to implement GST as per the scope pertinent for you as part of our “GST implementation services”.
SIERA IT Solutions offers related to GST implementation :
• SAP GST Assessment Service – Free of Cost if paid service is taken.
• SAP TAXINJ to TAXINN Migration Services.
• SAP Support Pack upgrade Services
• SAP GST Implementation Services
The SIERA IT Solutions Advantage
• Highly experienced Finance and Tax functional team managed by Certified Chartered Accountants
• Successfully executed multiple projects of Support pack upgrade..GST
• SAP certified and trained team for GST implementation.
• Expert in TANINJ to TAXINN Migration, successfully executed multiple GST implementations